This instrument is associated with the Royal Military School of Music. It is a slide tenor trombone made of brass in two sections (slide section and bell section), joined by a tenon-socket joint. There is one water-key on the slide bow. The bell seam has a triangular gusset. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The bow guard of main tuning slide, and the ferrules are embossed.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: R.M.S.M. 01. / EXCELSIOR SONOROUS / CLASS A / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON / 36548|Stamped on mouthpiece receiver: HAWKES / & SON / LONDON|Stamped on joining section receivers: 01 (on both)|Inscribed on slide and mouthpiece receiver: R.M.S.M.01
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 1145mm; Bell diameter: 150mm; Sounding length: 2725mm