This instrument is associated with the Royal Military School of Music. It is a slide bass trombone made of brass in two sections (slide section and bell section), joined by a tenon-socket joint. The slide has a silver-plated handle connected to the brace with a turned wooden grip. There is one water-key on the slide bow. The bell seam has a triangular gusset. Nominal pitch: G.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The slide ferrules have a mesh-like background embossing.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: 1ST / CLASS / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON / 35566 / R.M.S.M. 01|Stamped on the mouthpiece receiver shank: HAWKES / & SON / LONDON|Stamped on bell receiver joint: 12|Inscribed on slide: R.M.S.M.01
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 1365mm; Bell diameter: 185mm; Sounding length: 3265mm