Circular-shaped tuba with narrow flared bell and three double-piston valves, made of brass with nickel-silver trimmings. The valve stems mechanism and touches are missing.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: [crowned shield - Italy coat of arms?] / VINATIERI / A TORINO|Stamped on second valve casing: 3
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Corpus diameter: 680x660mm; Bell diameter: 230mm