Bass tuba (low B-flat)
Bass tuba with an upright bell, made entirely of brass with nickel-silver valve touches. It has three rotary valves with clock-spring mechanism and mechanical linkages. It has on water-key and there is a leather strap attached to the instrument. Nominal pitch: 18-foot B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped: Ditta premiatae privilegiata fabrica di Instrumenti musicale sportazione Mondiale
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 915mm; Bell diameter: 410mm