Bass tuba (low B-flat)
Bass tuba with an upright bell, made entirely of silver-plated brass, with three piston valves. It has two water-keys located on main tuning slide and first valve tuning slide. The second valve tuning slide has a pulling ring. Nominal pitch: 18-foot B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped: Imperial model Class A
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 850mm; Bell diameter: 335mm