Military tenor drum
Military tenor drum with brass shell, wooden counterhoops, 20-inch skin heads, and rope-tensioned with British style white leather braces (round edge, white, with vellum lace). The counterhoops have eight drilled holes through which the tensioning rope passes. The batter head has three brass feet.
second half of 19th century
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Counterhoops with wavy-line pattern in tri-colour (yellow, red and green).
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 520mm; Diameter: 515mm