Flugelhorn made entirely of brass with three bottom-sprung, piston valves with metal pin guide and cork bumpers. There is a straight bit to receive a brass mouthpiece, a lyre stand, and the bell seam has as triangular gusset. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
first half of 20th century
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Bern (Timezone: Europe/Zurich)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Red braided nylon cord and tassels.
- Inscriptions:Metal plate oval on bell: GEB. SCHEIDEGGER / BERN|Stamped on bell below plate: 8 9 / P / No 656 / [2 Swiss crosses]|Stamped on 2nd valve casing, each side: G (and) S|Stamped on valve casings: 3 2 1
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 385mm; Height: 230mm; Bell diameter: 157mm; Sounding length: 1335mm