This is a "Wonder Model" double-bell euphonium made entirely of brass, with a wide and conical bore, and five piston valves. The fourth and the fifth valves are placed on the side, and the latter is used to select the second bell, which creates a brighter sound. Both bells have a collar ferrule that allowed rotating and changing of bells. The instrument has an extra third bell attachment, with a curved-shape, to switch with the main bell. The valve buttons have mother-of-pearl touches, and there are three water-keys. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell: MADE BY / C.G.Conn (gothic) / ELKHART / -IND.-
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 650mm; Bell diameter: 265mm; Extra main bell diameter: 275mm