Pitch chime bar
This is a Kneller Hall standard B-flat pitch chime (A=479.3Hz). It is a single brass chime bar framed onto a wooden box case, with a brass resonator tube inside. There are two beaters with felt heads, bamboo handles and wooden ends/knobs.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bar: K.H. / Bb / 479.3|Paper label inside case: BESSON & CO. / Ltd. / MAKERS, / 196-198, EUSTON ROAD, LONDON, / N.W.1.|Stamped on brass hook holder: PATENT|Stamped on mallet brass washer: BOOSEY & Co LTD
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:111.221 (Individual) percussion plaques
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 260mm; Width: 90mm; Height: 260mm