Military side drum
This instrument is associated with the Band of the Dragoon Guards. It is a standard pattern, military side drum with emblazoned wooden shell (metallic painting) and wooden counterhoops, with 14-inch synthetic heads mounted in aluminum flesh hoop. Rod-tensioning with claws and double-sided wall lugs (8 rods). Adjustable top wire snare with lever, and straight-lay bottom wire snare with tensioning screw. The batter head has 3 metal feet painted in red.
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Heraldic emblazonment of the Band of the Dragoon Guards with respective badge and battle honours. Counterhoops with standard wavy-line pattern in Royal tri-colour (blue, red and white).
- Inscriptions:Branded on the inside of shell: A1/7710-99-130 7651 / [broad arrow] 1995|Metal plate on vent hole: Premier / England
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 360mm; Diameter: 370mm