Military side drum
This instrument is associated with The Band of the Coldstream Guards. It is a military side drum with emblazoned wooden shell and chrome-plated hardware. It has 14-inch synthetic heads, a rod-tensioning system with molded nylon counterhoops and double-sided wall lugs (8 rods), and a parallel action snare with lever. The batter head has three tension bolt balls/feet.
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Heraldic emblazonment of the Band of the Coldstream Guards, with Royal coat of arms, badge and battle honours. Counterhoops with adhesive tape in standard wavy-line pattern in Royal tri-colour (blue, red and white).
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 360mm; Diameter: 390mm