Brass; the slide section is later (1st half 20th century); siphon water-key and slide lock. Decorative features: long tubular support from slide section socket to bell tube ferrule terminating in forked 'tongue'. Bell termination in dragon's head form with teeth; polychrome green and gold outside and red inside. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
1st half 19th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Barcelona (Timezone: Europe/Madrid)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell collar "VIVET EN" lyre motif "BARCELONA"; on joint socket "B"; on inner slide near slide lock. "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from tip of siphon water-key to bell bow 1140. Sounding length: minimum 2697 to bell end at sides of mouth. Bore: at c 20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.85; expanding at 202mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c 11.85; descending slide, 11.85; ascending slide, 11.85; at c 938mm from bell end at sides of mouth, 16.75. B = 0.63. Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.45 - 10.85.