Humming top, rotating vessel flute. A short, wide bamboo tube, light brown and mottled with dark brown patches. A longitudinal rectangular hole is cut into the tube, its side edges cut at an angle. Circular wooden discs close both ends. A straight, roughly carved stick passes through the centre of each disc and extends from both ends. A length of fibre cord is tied to the stick immediately above the body.
- Materials:vegetable fibre, wood, bamboo
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.13 Vessel flutes (without distinct beak)
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 8.189 x x 2.4409 in.; 208 x 62 mm