Baritone. Brass with silver plating. Three Périnet straight-through valves, non compensating. Socket for music card holder on third valve loop. Bell is decorated with floral engravings and has stamped inscription with a star emblem beneath: 50 MEDALS OF HONOUR/FTB/F.BESSON/"Prototype"/198 EUSTON ROAD/LONDON. Lower section of second valve casing stamped: F.BESSON/BREVETE/49573. The numbers 16,17,18 are stamped on the upper valve casings of valves one to three respectively.
- Materials:felt, cork, silver-plating, copper alloy
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 685 mm x 310 mm