Euphonium. Continental design. Brass with white metal plating on mouthpiece receiver. Three Vienna (double piston) valves. Touchplates and valve levers are missing, but a large thumb loop on the lower bell gives an idea of their original position. Large patch repair to the bell branch.
- Materials:steel, solder, nickel silver plating, copper alloy
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 605 mm x 330 mm