Dutar, long necked lute. The small hemipyriform resonator is of medium brown wood, carved on the back and covered with a thin table of the same type of wood. The bridge is a stick of light wood. The long, tapering neck and fingerboard with fourteen tied gut frets. There are five wire strings and five wooden tuning pegs: three front entrant, two side entrant.
- Materials:metal thread, vegetable fibre, wood
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:321.321 Necked bowl lutes
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 1073 x 107 x 102 mm