Schreyerpfeife; rauschpfeife; shawm
Rauschpfeife (shawm with wind-cap). An encapsulated double reed instrument with a wide, expanding bore. The reed is enclosed in a wooden wind-cap. Made of rosewood with ivory mounts. The instrument has seven fingerholes and one thumbhole; an earlier, lower thumbhole has been plugged. Two joints: body and bell. Unstamped.
- Materials:reed, ivory, rosewood
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112-5-7
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 605 x 70 mm