Rnga, double membrane frame drum. The wooden shell is slightly convex and has raised decoration covering the exterior comprising dragons and clouds. The membranes are glued to the shell and are painted green. A wooden handle is slotted into a hole on one side of the shell. A hemispherical section of the handle below the shell is decorated with carved and painted lotus leaves, and the proximal end tapers gradually to a point, reminiscent of the ritual dagger phurpa.
- Materials:iron/steel, gesso, paint, hide, wood
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.322 Double-skin frame drums with handle
- Repository:Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Measurements:overall: 969 x 370 x 175 mm