Military side drum
Military side drum with emblazoned wooden shell and wooden counterhoops, 16-1/2-inch skin heads, and rope-tensioned with British style leather braces. The counterhoops have 10 drilled holes through which the tensioning rope passes. The overlapped shell seam is reinforced with brass tack pattern. This drum is part of a set of 7 drums that is probably the oldest complete set of drums in the British Army presented to the Law Association Volunteers, a predecessor regimental unit of the Inns of Court formed in 1803.
Inns of Court and City Yeomanry Museum
- Inventory number:
- Place of production: