This musical instrument is a "six keyed" wooden concert flute, made by Goulding & D'Almaine, Soho Square, London. The company, originally founded by George Goulding in 1787, went through various partnerships. They were apparently at the Soho Square address from 1811 to 1834, and the "Goulding & D'Almaine" mark (without "& co.") would probably place this flute towards the end of that period. This example consists in five joints , including the tuning slide, possibly made of rosewood, and six silver round keys, which give the flute its appellation. The five joints are connected through five rings, possibly made of ivory. The flute is conserved in its original squared box.
Goulding & D'Almaine
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)