This dark wood bassoon consists in three joints connected by brass rings, a wooden bell and six spatulate brass keys. This bassoon was made by Goulding and Wood, Pall Mall, London, and it was used in Watermillock Church, Cumberland. An attached label shows that this instrument was exhibited by J. Thompson of Pooley Bridge at the Penrith Art and Industrial Exhibition of 1888. It was left anonymously at Tullie House in about 1930.
Goulding and Wood
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)