Double flageolet. Nominal pitch: G (three-finger tonic).
Technical description: Boxwood; 5 sections; silver keys and 2 cutters; ivory studs, ferrules and mouthpiece; left-hand pipe has 7 finger-holes (top one containing ebony plug), and keys for D and D♯; right-hand pipe has 5 finger-holes, and keys for C (thumb, with ebony plug in key-hole), B and D♯; two-part wind-cap. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: flat square, notched and chamfered.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17827