Double flageolet. Nominal pitch: E? (three-finger tonic).Double flageolet. Nominal pitch: E♭ (three-finger tonic).
Technical description: Ebony; 6 sections, including extension to low B on right-hand pipe; silver keys and 2 cutters; ivory ferrules, studs and mouthpiece; left-hand pipe has 6 finger-holes (top one containing ebony plug), and keys for high E♭, D, B♭, F, D♯ and C♯; right-hand pipe has 4 finger-holes, and keys for C (thumb, with ebony plug in key-hole), B, F, low B and low C; two-part wind-cap. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: 9 flat octagonal; 2 flat round (open-standing), for C♯ and low B.
Hastrick, Henry [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18389