Technical description: Pedal harp with single action. 8 pedals, pedal number 4 opening slots in back by a mechanism comparable to that of a nag's head swell; slots range in size from 215×96 to 107×40, hinging at the left side (from the player's view). Compass E?₁ - E?, six octaves, 43 strings. E₁ - D₂ strings overspun. Actual string lengths can be altered by adjusting the position of the brass plates that hold the string bearing nuts. Slots in the back work properly, looking through the soundboard can be seen to be spruce. Brass plates on the headstock.
Circa 1815Serial number: 1171.
Erat and Sons
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:322.222-5 Frame harps with pedal action sounded by the bare fingers
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:322.222-5 Frame harps with pedal action sounded by the bare fingers
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17040