Double flageolet. Nominal pitch: B♭ (six-finger tonic).
Technical description: Boxwood; 5 sections; silver keys and 2 cutters; ivory ferrules and studs; upper part of (replacement) cap rosewood with german silver ferrule; bone mouthpiece; left-hand pipe has 6 finger-holes, and keys for D, F, D♯ and C♯; right-hand pipe has 4 finger-holes, plus vent-hole at foot of pipe, and keys for C (thumb, with ebony plug in key-hole), B, F, D[♯]; two-part wind-cap. Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: 7 flat octagonal, 1 flat round (open-standing) for C♯. Repair History: Upper part of cap is a replacement.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15395