Bridge-harp or harp-lute (miniature).
Technical description: Resonator made from hemisphere of gourd; sound-table of buckskin tacked with iron nails around the gourd; of kora type but only 2 sets of 4 strings in all mounted on the bridge; skin untrimmed.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:323.2-5 Spike harps with pressure bridges, bridge harps or harp-lutes sounded by the bare fingers
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:323.2-5 Spike harps with pressure bridges, bridge harps or harp-lutes sounded by the bare fingers
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17080