Circular trumpet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, bow guard and ferrule; the valve touchpieces of german silver with mother-of-pearl or abalone inlay. Water-key on main tuning-slide; fitting for music card-holder on bell. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top-sprung with alignment by key on piston.
Early 20th Century
Arthur or Fritz Sprinz
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.1 Valve trumpets with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.1 Valve trumpets with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:from plane of bell to mouthpiece receiver 284; bell 135.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/50286