Boxwood, in four joints, with three ivory mounts and later replacement mount of nickel silver on head joint. One square nickel silver key in the foot joint. Pitch of the instrument : D + 40 cents.
D'Almaine & Co [Corporation]
National Museums Liverpool
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamp: "D'Almaine & Co., late Goulding & D'Almaine, Soho Square, London" on the top joint, and "D'Almaine & Co." across the Prince of Wales' feathers, on the two middle joints.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:National Museums Liverpool
- Measurements:Overall length 598mm, length from centre of mouth-hole to foot 531mm, bore of head joint 16.4mm, bore of foot 13.4mm.