Technical description: boxwood; 5 sections; silver keys; 5 ivory ferrules plus cap; metal-lined head; graduated, wood-covered tuning-slide; graduated screw-stopper; irregular oval embouchure-hole; metal-lined foot with [graduated] register.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 4 keys.; Keyhead type: pewter plugs, with metal-lined key-holes.; Keymount type: ring/knob.; Usable pitch: A₄ c|452|Hz.; Performance characteristics: [original range D₄|-|A₆]; few notes speak in present condition.
Goulding, D'Almaine, Potter & Co [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped with a fleur-de-lis and "GOULDING / D'ALMAINE / POTTER & CO / SOHO-SQUARE / LONDON", with "PATENT" on head ferrule; tuning gradations "4", "5" and "6" stamped on tuning-slide cover, screw tip [and register] (only "6" currently visible on register).
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 594.; Sounding length: 514.; Bore: conical.