Technical description: Copper with brass garland, stay, mouthpiece receiver sheath, chimneys and keywork. A finger-rest passes over the 3rd key from the bell. The keys with leaf springs SATK, the spring ends running in channels inside the keymounts.The open-standing bell key has a screw adjustment to regulate opening.With brass tuning bit with ears, overall length 29.; ; Type or system: 6 keys.; Keyhead type: flat round.; Keymount type: saddles.; ; ;
Greenhill, Joseph [Person]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "GREENHILL / LITTLE BRITAIN".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to mouthpiece receiver or to 5th key 454; bell 147.5.; Sounding length: maximum 1191.; Bore: instrument body at c|17mm from shank/crook receiver (local minimum bore), 12.1; at 596mm from bell end, c|22.0; at c|361mm from bell end, 31.1; at 8mm from bell end, 114.B|=|0.51 (all keys closed).Bell cutoff |1100|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.6 - 12.1 at 17mm from end.