Coiled post horn.
Technical description: Copper, single terrace joint, probably French bell rim; two coils.; Nominal pitch: 2¾-ft G.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|446|Hz.
Possibly early 19th century
Besson, Gustave Auguste [Person]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 170 in present condition; bell c|80.; Sounding length: minimum 788.; Bore: mouthpipe at 44mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 7.2; at 394mm from bell end, c|9.45; at c|163mm from bell end, 13.35.B|=|0.61.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 8.95 - 8.4.