Technical description: Brass with german silver shank/crook receiver sheath, ferrules, bottom caps, balusters, stays and valve parts. French bell rim. With ring for R4; with fitting for music-card holder. With a coupler which would give E? with an F crook.; Nominal pitch: B? etc.; ; ; ; ; ;
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped around bell near rim "HALARI FOURNSEUR DU ROI BREVET A PARIS", above a monogram or trademark, above in large gothic letters "AD"; stamped on valve casings, balustres and bottom caps "7", "8", "9". On plate on coupler crook receiver sheath "MI.B".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 285; bell 123.; Sounding length: ; Bore: body at c|30mm from shank/crook receiver (minimum bore) 10.25; main tuning-slide from 261mm to 477mm from shank/crook receiver, m.t.s bores 11.15 - 11.3; valve cluster from 700mm to 765mm from shank/crook receiver, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.6; at 24mm from bell end, 64.3.Bell cutoff |1200|Hz.