Tenor fanfare trumpet.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass; Made in two parts, the bell screws into socket on body. Windway runs mouthpipe - m.t.s. - 1 - 2 - 3 - bell. The three valve loop tubes are directed backwards for better balance when held. Water-key; fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: 9-ft B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?|=|439|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "LP" / hawk-and-trumpet trademark / "Boosey|&|Hawkes / Ltd / Makers / 295|Regent|St / London.|W1 / 149198" and "R.M.S.M.|22."; on 2nd|valve "116288"; on both screw ferrules at joint "5"; on valve casings, piston tops and both caps "22", "23", "24".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.2
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1086; bell 144.; Sounding length: minimum 2751.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.5; main tuning-slide from 709mm to 1019mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s. bore 12.3; valve cluster from 1019mm to 1332mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 12.3; at 1376mm from bell end, c|12.3; at c|515mm from bell end, 17.4; at 19mm from bell end, 105.B|=|0.76.Bell cutoff |900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.15 - 11.6.