Tenor bassoon made of rosewood wood in four sections (wing, butt, "bass" joint and bell), with nickel-silver mounts, keywork and crook. Sixteen keys with modern-style cups, mounted in posts with rods. Flat springs attached to keys and needle springs. Nominal pitch: F. This instrument is part of the Albert C. Spencer collection.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on all joints: HAWKES & SON / MAKERS / LONDON
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Royal Pavilion and Museums Brighton
- Measurements:Height: 810mm