Oboe made of stained boxwood, in three sections (top and middle body joints, and bell), with ivory ferrules and silver keywork. It has two keys (E-flat and C) mounted with brass pivots on raised rings, with flat, round-covers, and flat brass springs attached to keys. The E-flat key has a circular touch and spurs, and the C key has a swallow-tail touch. The third fingerhole is double, with a round cove. Two vent holes in bell flare. Conical bore. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: GOULDING & Co / LONDON|Stamped on all other joints: GOULDING & Co
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 565mm; Bell diameter: 64mm