Oboe made of African black wood in three sections (top and middle body joints, and bell), with ivory ferrules and sterling silver keywork. It has eight keys mounted with pivots on protruded knobs and raised rings, with flat, octagonal-covers, and flat springs attached to keys. The low C and C-sharp keys have overlapping touches. The third fingerholes is double, with an oval cove. There are two vent holes in the bell flare, which has a funnel-shape outline. The tenons are wrapped in thread. Conical bore. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell and top joint: [lyre] / GOODLAD / 25 VILLIERS ST. / STRAND / LONDON / 2204|Stamped on middle joint: [lyre) / GOODLAD / LONDON|Hallmarks on key covers: IDG
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 555mm; Bell diameter: 59mm