Bassoon made of stained maple in four sections (wing, butt, bass and bell), with brass mounts, keywork and crook. It has thirteen keys mounted on brass saddles, with flat covers and touches, and with flat springs attached to keys. The butt joint cap is missing. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on butt joint: KEY / LONDON / [unicorn head] / CHARING CROSS|Stamped on remainder joints: KEY / LONDON / [unicorn head]
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 1227mm