Bassoon made of stained maple in four sections (wing, butt, bass and bell), with brass mounts and keywork. It has eight keys mounted on brass saddles, with flat covers and touches, and with flat springs attached to keys. It has a crook made of heavy, rolled brass sheet. Nominal pitch: C.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on all joints: ASTOR / HORWOOD / 79 / CORNHILL / LONDON / [unicorn head]|Stamped on crook: WOOD (hallmark stamplike)
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Height: 1250mm