Double-coiled, cornet made of brass with silver-plated trimmings. It has two early-model Stözel valves with horizontal screw going through valve casings. It has a brass mouthpiece. Nominal pitch: B-flat.
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Paris (Timezone: Europe/Paris)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:The interior of the bell flare is painted with golden, red and black pigments, featuring lyres and floral motifs.
- Inscriptions:Engraved on plate on bell: Halary. Bréveté. rue Mazarine. / à Paris.|Stamped on valve casings, top caps, and slides: 5 (and) 6
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 320mm; Height: 220mm; Bell diameter: 126mm; Sounding length: 1285mm