Double-coiled keyed trumpet made entirely of brass with three flat, round-cover keys mounted in saddles, with flat springs attached to keys, cork paddings, and leather pads. It has a long turned brass mouthpiece.
Sandbach, William [Person]
Museum of Army Music
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.211 Labrosones with fingerholes, with cylinder bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Embossed garland with floral and foliage motifs.
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: W.SANDBACH / 40 PERCY ST / RATHBONE PLACE / LONDON
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.211 Labrosones with fingerholes, with cylinder bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Length: 460mm; Height: 175mm; Bell diameter: 115mm; Sounding length: 1829mm