Circular-shaped tuba made entirely of brass, with three bottom-sprung piston valves, with metal pin guide. It has a straight, longitudinal bell seam and following tubing with tab seam. The leadpipe section, the water-key and two valve buttons are missing.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell: [six-pointed star] / C. MAHILLON & Co. / LONDON / [six-pointed star] / Q. V. S. / 1|Stamped on second valve casing: 7095|Stamped on bell: 412
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Museum of Army Music
- Measurements:Corpus diameter: 615 x 660 mm; Bell diameter: 285mm