C piccolo. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Rosewood; 3 sections (head, body, foot); german silver keys; 4 german silver ferrules; graduated screw-stopper (no tuning-slide); oval embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches. Keymount type: knob. Keyhead type: saltspoon.
1856 or shortly before
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17629