Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ivory; 4 sections; silver key; 4 silver ferrules plus cap; small circular embouchure-hole; socket at top of upper body, tenon on head. Keymount type: ring; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square, set into ivory. Repair History: Keymount roughly repaired, heavy steel replacement spring; replacement foot ferrule made by Brian Ackerman, 1986.
Post 1713 - c1754, probably p1720
Stanesby, Thomas junior [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18339