English flageolet or bird pipe. Nominal pitch: G (three-finger tonic).
Technical description: Ebony; 3 sections (cap with sponge chamber, sound-hole section, and finger-hole section to foot); 7 finger-holes, no thumb-hole.
1850-1873 (possibly 1850-1858, see Previous ownership below)
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:200 (without mouthpiece).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18081