Dongxiao (end-blown flute).
Technical description: Bamboo open flute, end-blown through small notch; 5 finger-holes on top, 1 thumb-hole and 2 vent-holes at rear; diameter 25.
Probably 19th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.141.12 Open single notch flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.141.12 Open single notch flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17840