Double French flageolet. Nominal pitch: A/F.
Parallel tubes in one piece of [box]wood, each tube having 4 finger-holes and 2 thumb-holes; the right hand tube gives the lower notes; finger- and thumb-holes have same spacing; there is a vent hole in the left tube near the foot; separate ducts in beak mouthpiece; sound holes staggered.
Circa 1790 - c1830
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.222.12 Sets of open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17281