Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ivory; 5 sections; silver keys; 6 decorated silver ferrules; metal-lined head; tuning-slide; no extension of metal slide from tuning-slide section; graduated screw-stopper; slim keytouches; slightly oval embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches. Keymount type: knob; thick brass springs. Keyhead type: flat round.
Early 19th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16708