Technical description: 7 finger-holes with the lowest finger-hole offset to the right. Bass drone, bramour or bourdon in three sections with the drone top or bell turned separately and fitting on a tenon on the end of the top or tuning joint. Blowpipe with leather valve is mounted with a Highland bagpipe mouthpiece of a synthetic material. Stained hardwood mounted with nickel silver and ivory. Short sheepskin bag, approximately 290 deep, with figured red silk cover.
Le Voyer, Dorig
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Bourde de la Rogerie, Rennes, Brittany.
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.112+422.211.1-62 Conical double-reed chanter + cylindrical single-reed drone; flexible air reservoir
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112+422.211.1-62 Conical double-reed chanter + cylindrical single-reed drone; flexible air reservoir
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:Chanter, levriad or chalumeau 140; bass drone, bramour or bourdon 355; blowpipe: 180.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14859