Coach horn. Nominal pitch: 2¾-ft G.
Technical description: Straight; copper with brass mounts. Integral mouthpiece of brass with applied silver rim; flat rim contour; maximum bite curvature c0.75; funnel cup shape with smoothly blended throat; external diameter 26.6; cup depth c14; cup diameter 15.9; minimum diameter 4.5.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:786; bell c101.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14897