Technical description: Wooden shell, painted red; two heads, possibly pig skin, nailed on. Two rings diametrically opposite on shell for suspending; two smaller rings also added. Overall diameter c480; head diameter 395.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.222.1-7 Individual double-skin barrel drums with membrane nailed to drum
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.222.1-7 Individual double-skin barrel drums with membrane nailed to drum
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:height 392.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16648